Criminal Defense Lawyer in Jacksonville Florida James Davis has experience defending clients against even the most serious criminal charges, including:
- Sex Crimes: Many people simply do not know that a mere allegation can land you in front of jury with your freedom at stake. Find out more about Sex Crimes.
- Domestic Violence: A domestic battery conviction is serious. It carries a mandatory jail sentence and counseling. If you touch/strike your spouse or significant other against their will, you will face prosecution. Find out more about Domestic Violence.
- DUI – Driving Under the Influence: If you’ve been arrested for DUI in Jacksonville, you need an experienced and aggressive DUI lawyer to fight for your rights. Here in Florida, driving under the influence is considered a serious offense and carries heavy fees and penalties. Find out more about DUI.
- Theft & Fraud: We routinely represent people who have shoplifted from a retail store. Sometimes the police will take you to jail but if you’re lucky, you will receive a notice to appear, (NTA) for petit theft. Find out more about Theft & Fraud.
- Drug Crimes: If you’ve been arrested and are facing a drug trafficking charge carrying a minimum mandatory prison sentence, time is of the essence. Find out more about Drug Crimes.
- Juvenile Crimes: While juveniles are not housed with adults, they are taken to a jail and housed with others under the age of 18. Find out more about Juvenile Crimes.
- Gun Charges: The State and Federal government will do everything they can to prosecute you if you have been arrested for carrying a firearm. Find out more about Gun Charges.
These cases often carry harsh sentences and penalties that can impact the rest of your life. Regardless of whether or not the charges against you are true, the most important factor is any criminal case is what the prosecuting attorney can prove. Acting as your criminal defense lawyer in Jacksonville, James Davis will gather evidence, speak to witnesses and help you understand the laws that apply to your case.
Can You Afford To Hire a Criminal Lawyer in Jacksonville?
Hiring an experienced criminal attorney Jacksonville FL actually saves you time and money. With many years of experience navigating the legal system, James Davis can help to have the charges against you dropped or reduced. Many defendants do not realize that being arrested is not the same as being charged with a criminal offense. Although you may have spent the night in jail and even appeared before a judge, the prosecuting attorney still has to decide whether or not to move forward with the charges. Without legal representation to tell the prosecutor’s office your version of events, they will accept the police report on your offense as fact.
Many times, there are extenuating circumstances surrounding your arrest that can cause the prosecutor to reconsider. A good criminal defense lawyer will help bring these factors to light, often resulting in the charges against you being reduced or dropped.
Click here to submit the details of your case and see how James Davis Defense can help you!
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- Statutes of Limitations in Criminal Cases
- Hearsay: What Does it Mean?
- Probable Cause: What Does it Really Mean?
- Can I Discuss my Case with my Friend?
- Stand Your Ground or Self-Defense: What is the Difference?
THINGS TO DO, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- Top Five Things to Do in Criminal Defense
- Top Three Things to Do After Getting Arrested
- DUI Questions and Answers